Best Student Hangouts Near West Campus
During student life, it is as important to indulge yourself in recreational activities as it is to devote yourself to academics. Sometimes, the pressure of assignments and papers can leave you mentally exhausted. When that happens, rejuvenate your mind and body by spending a night out with friends or enjoying a relaxed day at the park. After all, student life is the only time you will be able to enjoy life without feeling overburdened by responsibilities. The good part about the University of Texas is that it offers a vibrant campus life to its student. The University is surrounded by bars, restaurants and parks that students can visit any time.
Don’t be like every other student just sitting in their UT West Campus apartments, go checkout these great student hangouts in the area.
1. The Crown & Anchor Pub: Ever since its inception in 1987, the Crown & Anchor Pub has been entertaining students studying at the University of Texas. If the weather is good, you can grab a seat on the outside. Contrarily, if the weather is pulling nasty tricks, secure a seat on the inside. While at this pub, remember to try their burgers — they are delicious. Enjoy a game of pool or darts while sipping your favorite draft beer. If there is a match on, you can see it live on one of the five television sets that add to the ambience of the place.
Address: 2911 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78705, United States
2. Skylark Lounge: If your love for music is absolute, this is the place to be. The Skylark Lounge features many amazing local musicians from time to time. Since the lounge is not too big in size, you will be able to have a good look at the musician while they are playing. This place serves some amazing drinks. The furniture used was bought 30 years ago and gives the place a rhetoric look.
Address: 2039 Airport Blvd, Austin, TX 78722, United States
3. Pease Park: If you are one of those people who enjoy a relaxed afternoon more than a rocking night, the Pease park is the place for you. From playing volleyball with your friends to enjoying a session of disc golf, there is so much you can do while at this park. If you are a student at the University of Texas of Austin, you simply cannot afford to miss the Eeyore’s birthday celebration which is held every year at the park since 1960s. This event will give you a chance to dawn your most interesting attires and revisit the hippie era.
Address: 1100 Kingsbury St, Austin, TX 78705, United States
4. The Carillon: This place is perfect for fine dining. If you have a special date or if your parents are coming to town, this is the place you should trust. The Carillon is known for its exquisite ambience and delectable food. However, be informed in advance that this place can weigh a little heavily on your pocket.
Address: 1900 University Ave, Austin, TX 78705, United States
5. Red River Cafe: Sometimes, all you need is a good breakfast to make your day. If you are one of those people who like to enjoy a nice breakfast, every once in a while, the Red River Cafe is just the place for you. The best part about this cafe is that it is budget friendly and will not burn a hole in your pocket. From omelettes to pancakes, you will find all your favourite things over here.
Address: 2912 Medical Arts, Austin, 78705